KANTAR EMOR E-COMMERCE
Who we are
Kantar Emor (business name „public limited company Emor” or hereinafter also „Emor”) is part of the world’s leading insight, information and consultancy company Kantar. Kantar is the data investment management arm of the WPP concern. Our goal is to inspire clients, employees and the whole society to be creative and successful. We at Kantar Emor communicate annually with more than a quarter of a million of Estonian people, our respondents; but Kantar communicates with 80 million people a year across the world. Kantar Emor’s varied and extensive knowledge of consumer behaviour and future trends is constantly improving. Together with Kantar, we have an even more extensive knowledge base and points of view.
Our work includes surveys that are completed only through the support of our respondents, to help make the right decisions in the future. In conducting our surveys, we follow good survey practice and the rules for public opinion interviews set forth by ESOMAR, the European Society for Opinion and Market Research.
Legal basis of our activities
In protection of personal data, we follow data protection legislation established by Estonia and the European Union.
Basic principles for processing personal data
The protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data is a fundamental right – set forth explicitly in Article 8 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union as well as expressed in §26 of the Constitution of the Republic of Estonia. We honor these fundamental rights in our everyday business and pay constant attention to protection of personal data and thereby, to guaranteeing your rights.
Our privacy policies are based on the requirement to protect the privacy of our clients and partners. Our privacy policies are based on credibility and confidentiality and our goal is to ensure that the processing of our clients’ and partners’ personal data is legal, fair and transparent.
These privacy principles have been developed with the objective to ensure the transparency of the processing of personal data and the data subject’s right to „be informed“.
Which data we collect about you
We collect personal information from you if you (or an organisation for whom you work) purchase or use our services or products, request information, register for newsletter, sign up to an e-alert service, request customer support or correspond with us.
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as company name, contact person name, billing address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial information, such as payment related information.
- Transaction information, such as details about payments from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical information, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, location, operating system and platform and device and cookie IDs on the devices you use to access this website and our other web-based products.
- Profile information, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you or on behalf of an organisation, your feedback.
- We also collect data on website visits, including data on website’s traffic and location as well as other such statistics. This information is a statistical overview of users’ history and models of behavior and it does not contain data on individual visitors. We use the data only to find out, which web pages, products and services are of most interest. Based on this information, we can improve our website if necessary.
- Marketing and communications information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and, where applicable, third parties and your communication preferences.
- Other information relating to you which you may provide to us, for example in the correspondence that you send to us.
We share personal information with others only as described in this policy, or when law otherwise permits or requires it.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you may unsubscribe from our newsletter by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter or by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com.
What are cookies and why do we use them
The information collected with the help of cookies may be, for example, your IP address, the type of browser used, internet service provider, websites that bring you to our website and where you go afterwards, your computer’s operating system and date stamp.
The data collected automatically in such a way gives us anonymous, generalised statistics about the number of visitors to the website, information on how our clients use our website and our other web-based environments. This information will enable us to improve our website and web-based services even further, if necessary, making them even more user-friendly.
How we collect personal information from you
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you:
- Direct contact with you during the course of business. You may give us your contact details, payment details for invoicing purposes, by placing an order online or by corresponding with us by phone, email or in other ways (all of which are provided by you on voluntary basis). This includes personal information you provide when you:
- order our products or services
- create an account on our website
- request marketing information from us
- provide us with feedback on our products or services
- provide us with your contact details for us to assist you related to our products.
If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to communicate with us or order our services in the ways mentioned above.
- Automated interactions with our website where we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Using third party or publicly available sources, where we may receive personal information about you from:
- Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services who host data inside and outside of the EU;
- Analytics providers such as Google Inc. and/or others, based inside and outside the EU.
How we use personal information
We process your personal information for the following purposes on the basis that the processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business:
- Account setup and administration: We use your personal information such as your name, email and domain address, phone number, and information to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support, verify your identity, and send information related to orders;
- Marketing and Communication: to deliver marketing communications, account or orders related messages; managing your queries, complaints, or claims, to send service messages and to provide you with important information about our business.
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights;
- to enforce or protect our privacy, safety, contractual and other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Who we can forward your information to
We will not disclose your personal data, including your e-mail address and telephone number to third parties without your consent and knowledge, except when forwarding the information is necessary and justified in the following cases.
We may share your data with third parties who offer cloud storage services, payment solutions, invoicing services, banking services, IT support partners, legal advisers, content partners who´s products we sell. In addition the Website uses following sub-contractors:
- analytics delivery platform Power BI (Microsoft, Privacy: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement)
All cross-border data flows are safe and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Other subsidiaries of the Kantar Group may collect, save, forward and process your data within the European Economic Area. Third parties, as well as Kantar Group subsidiaries, have signed contracts with us, which bind them to keeping the received data confidential and implementing measures of data protection.
To send and process e-mails and forward newsletters, we use The Rocket Science Group LLC from the USA, which is a member of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and guarantees compliance with all data protection requirements.
What are your rights when you trust us with your personal data
In order to request access to your personal data, please contact us in writing. You can find our contact information under „How to reach us”.
In addition to that, you have the right to change your data; you have the right to limit the processing of your personal data and you have the right to withdraw your consent to process your personal data at any time without it impacting the legality of personal data processing that took place before the consent was withdrawn.
The changes resulting from your request will be implemented as soon as possible.
If you have identified a breach of your rights and have reasonable grounds, you have the right to file a complaint with the authority responsible for supervising the legality of personal data processing (Data Protection Inspectorate).
How do we guarantee the security of your personal data storage
Our goal is to protect the personal data you have entrusted to us from any kind of unauthorized access. To avoid unauthorized access to personal data you have given to us, we have implemented the necessary organisational and technical security measures. Our security measures are in accordance with generally accepted standards used in personal data protection.
All of our employees are under the obligation to follow the confidentiality and security requirements implemented in our company.
How long do we keep your personal data
We minimize the amount of saved data and store your data only while it is needed for the purpose, which prompted you to give your consent to forward the data, unless we are under any legal obligation to set a different time limit for storing the data. If there is no longer a need to store your data, we will delete it safely and permanently.
Our electronic systems are archived automatically. The archives are kept for a fixed period of time in a very strictly controlled environment. When the period of validity has expired, the data is deleted and physical mediums destroyed.
Sources for additional information on personal data protection
Additional information on personal data privacy can be found in the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (officially – Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council, 27 April 2016, regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC. – ELT L 119, 04.05.2016, pages 1-88).
Differences in implementing the General Data Protection Regulation in the Republic of Estonia are regulated by the Personal Data Protection Act passed by the Parliament of Estonia.
How to reach us
We will respond as soon as possible but no later than in 30 days.